What Is the Creatively Connected Online Film Festival and Why Now?
For thousands of years, we have used the power of creative expression to tell our stories, share thoughts and feelings and in so doing connect us to ourselves and others. Ironically, today’s society is increasingly linked through social media, while simultaneously losing a personal sense of connection, relevance, and belonging. Certain groups struggle especially hard with this growing burden of isolation, including older adults, those with major illnesses, caregivers, the LGBTQ community, veterans, adolescents and young adults, and immigrants and refugees.
The Creatively Connected Online Film Festival creates a megaphone for all voices and stories to be heard and celebrated to generate authentic connections and community. It is an opportunity to go deeper into revealing and sharing our human stories, to celebrate those who have found ways to move forward and to admire and applaud the power of creative expression and its unique ability to reveal deep and meaningful truths and to bring us together authentically and enduringly.
The Festival is a film contest, public health outreach, and celebration. It is centered around the themes, topics, and complexities of loneliness and isolation, as experienced by individuals dealing with various challenges and circumstances and explored from any perspective.
One Exciting Festival. Three Engaging Venues
- Festival Launch Celebration. The Festival launched with two live events in New York City on May 9, 2017, both held at the New York University Law School in the West Village in Manhattan. The event was co-hosted by Steven Safyer, MD the CEO of Montefiore Health System and Lionsgate’s President, Mike Paseornek. Arts, medicine, and public policy luminaries joined guests for screenings of winning films, awards presentations, light refreshments, and conversation. Click here to learn more about the Celebration.
- Virtual Theater. A curated collection of films from the Festival for everyone to see, share, and engage in the event.
Who was Invited to Participate?
Created to capture and reward the attention of professional and semi-professional filmmakers wanting to express their insights, feelings, and imagination, the Online Film Festival is a celebratory platform and venue for their work to be seen and appreciated.
Why Did the Filmmakers Participate?
Whether an established or newly-emerged videographer, the Festival provides a venue for their work to be seen by thousands within our engaged communities, including our recently launched Creatively Connected Community (visit us on Facebook). They welcomed the chance to benefit from the process of creative expression and collaborate with other filmmakers. Plus, they’re doing something fun and engaging that will make a difference in the lives of others.
The filmmakers are enabling us to experience the power of creative expression and form authentic connections as we explore this timely and provocative topic.
Our Sponsors and Partners
Film Festival Event Committee
- Douglas Drane and Alexandra Drane
- Rose Higgins
- Veronique and Phil Imperial
- Kevin O’Grady and Nella Webster O’Grady
- Barbara Ricci
- Julia and Kevin Spicer
- Barry Weiss and Laurie Alpert
- John Zweig