The FAH Arts Educator will be a member of a team developing activities/exercises for a pilot program that uses creative arts expression to engage, activate and improve the health and wellbeing of program participants. In partnership with FAH staff, the Arts Educator will assist in the creation and implementation of educational programs using creative arts activities, and contribute to the content, methodology, and overall vision for the teaching associated with these programs. The Arts Educator will assist and provide input and expertise in the development of facilitator guides and other materials that fosters interaction and discussion among the group participants. The Arts Educator will occasionally be required to teach onsite in different locations. The Arts Educator will also be responsible for collecting and organizing user feedback and make suggestions to share with the team on how to improve the participant experience.
- The FAH Arts Educator fosters engaged learning experiences for FAH pilot audiences by developing, delivering, and evaluating educational programs and events for classes, groups or individuals.
- Develops strategies and resources for thematic activities in coordination with our film festival and other programs.
- Facilitates activities in the local community and out of state in response to developments in our pilot program.
- Collects, analyzes, applies learnings from feedback on educational activities.
- Assists in the development of facilitator guides and other educational tools.
- Designs fun, entertaining and interactive experiences for program participants.
- Attend staff meetings, and complete other tasks, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as art history or museum education and three years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to teach in a classroom or group setting.
- Familiarity with working in online environments and online communications skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative relationships with colleagues inside and outside of FAH and to relate well to all kinds of audiences.
- Self-directed, ability to take initiative, anticipate actions needed and work well under pressure.
- Excellent writing skills.
- No medical knowledge is required.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Arts Educator Candidate in the subject line by 9/30/17.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience