Group Curriculum & events
Loneliness is an urgent public health crisis and college age adults are one of the loneliness populations in the U.S.
How can we help you help your students feel less lonely?
College-age young adults may be among the most lonely populations in the U.S. according to recent studies. In a 2017 survey of nearly 48,000 college students, 64% said they had felt “very lonely” in the previous 12 months, while only 19% reported they never felt lonely, according to the American College Health Association. Students also reported feeling “overwhelming anxiety (62%) or “very sad” (69%), and that “things were hopeless” (53%). Nearly 12% seriously considered suicide.
Our Campus UnLonely programs utilize creative arts expression, mindfulness, and social emotional learning to engage employees and foster feelings of connection with colleagues and their workplace. Relying on evidenced-based interventions, our innovative approach ensures that programs can be efficiently distributed both digitally and in-person and offers employers evaluation tools and data management support to assess participant engagement and program outcomes.
Working closely with our partners, we design, deploy, and evaluate a targeted approach to meet the specific needs of their employees. Our programs are further positioned to ensure a progression of experiences from awareness-raising to sampling of arts programming to deeper participant engagement that can lead to activated practitioners, who support sustained enrollment and engagement. Programs include
- UnLonely Impact Events. Raise awareness around health impacts of loneliness within your community and offer innovative ways to engage in supportive activities
- UnLonely Film Festival Screening Event. Showcase specific aspects of loneliness through the use of short films followed by reflection and creative activities
- Front Row for the UnLonely Film Festival. A co-branded and tailored digital platform that brings the UnLonely Film Festival to your employees to strategically support your members’ mental wellness
- Creativity Challenges. Refreshable content to help stimulate creative experiences in the workplace to reduce stress and anxiety and foster connection and sharing
- Creativity Circles. Digital or in-person support-group model that helps participants reduce loneliness, isolation, and stress while building a sense of connection and resilience
Interested in bringing Campus UnLonely to your college or university? Please contact us at [email protected] to learn more.