STUCK AT HOME (TOGETHER)

This is Where
We Connect
Notifications
Clear all

Personal Assemblage  

Page 1 / 2

(@frank)

An assemblage is a sculpture made from a combination of materials including found objects or non-traditional art materials. Create a sculptural portrait of your stuck-at-home self using any meaningful objects you have in your home. 

• First take a quiet moment to reflect on how you would like to present your stuck-at-home self: How have you changed? What are the qualities that seem to be more present than usual? 
  • Then, look around for objects that speak to those qualities, or that have taken on new importance in your new reality and ‘sculpt’ or arrange them together.
  • If you want, use an old shoebox to use as a ‘frame’ or container for your assemblage.
  • Now take a picture of it and share it below. Do you see yourself in it? 
  • Add a caption to describe what it is you see. 
10 Replies
(@dizano)
IMG 0423

'Shelter in Peace' : isolation as an opportunity to cocoon, reflect and nurture mind, body and spirit with love and patience. Anticipating and embracing metamorphosis through discovery and clarity - both personal and global -  in the wake of the pandemic. 

2 Replies
(@carolyna)

@dizano I love all of the elements here and they work well together to create a very peaceful assemblage.

(@holly)

@dizano I love this! It is so interesting how the combination of objects assembled along with your writing conveys indirectly your spirit! ...I am not sure we are in the "wake" yet though. ...well perhaps in the way that the tide goes in and goes out we are.. It is clear we will be dealing with th ebb and flow for years to come but our ability to metamorphsize will be the saving grace...

(@brad123)
60997620579 EFBD63AF 2682 4A5D 9D6A D6B9CEE26DD8

Good books, journal writing, and listening to music have been a godsend during this time. I'm glad that these things have been here to help me through the COVID moment. 

2 Replies
(@brooklyn)

@brad123 those books looks great! I need to read more, this inspires me to do so.

(@holly)

@brad123 Thank you for reminding me to read. I do way too much TV binging! 

(@uhura)
IMG 20200505 111607

I've been slowly building this solar power "assemblage" at home.  Everyday I look forward to the arrival of another part of in the mail.  Its been great to learn another skill and create a different focal point in my stuck at home life. When I look at it it makes me hopeful for the day that I can return to the outdoors to use it.

1 Reply
(@holly)

@uhura are you using Arduino? I took a class in it and I nearly lost my mind. Definitely ran up against the limits of it. We had to learn about electronics and computer programing. It was supposed to be how to use the open source software in art but just learning the basics was a huge challenge. Your posting here reminds me I want to get back into it.  Thank you.   https://www.arduino.cc

(@holly)
assemble

heh heh. my assemblage was right there because I am actually working on making an assemblage out of old buttons. This quick pick shows a good example of my way in the world. Only through disorder can order arrive. I have a lot of disorder to work with on a daily basis, it doesn't bother me as much as it bothers other people but when I reach a point of order (because I am capable of creating it) it is a form of ecstasy!  I collect buttons and simply sorting them is delightful. The first week of the stay at home order I started figuring out which buttons to keep, sell, or make stuff out of. I made this portrait of Covid 19 out of buttons. Its a bad picture, but you get the idea. 

covid buttonsIMG 2948
Page 1 / 2
Share:

Make. Share. Reflect.

NOTE:  We’re glad you’re here to explore these forums, but to join in the discussions you’ll need to login or register.

Our Community Forums are a place for us to contribute our ideas, thoughts, and feelings about these strange days through creativity, plus respond to what others are sharing in the conversation.

Click to try our Story Share forum in reply to the prompt questions we offer to “prime the pump.”

Click to dive into our Creativity Challenges to step into a new way of interacting with people and situations.

Don’t forget, creativity takes many forms! From doodling to gardening, poetry to photography, writing to singing, and everything in between. They all help us get to know more about the real you.  And we can’t wait to hear!

Host Your Own Creative Social

We’ve put together a step-by-step plan you can download that makes it easy!

Subscribe to
Stuck at Home (together)!

We'll let you know when new Creativity Challenges are available, along with other tips and updates we have to share!

=