Join Our Team
Make a Big Impact
Our team is addressing one of today’s most urgent public health crises: loneliness. Our programs are designed to create awareness of the issue and demonstrate how the combination of creative expression, mindfulness, and social learning is a catalyst for connecting.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Chief Operating Officer (COO) for FAH
With growing interest and demand for FAH products and services, the Founder/President and Board of Directors have expanded its network of partnerships, and have increased program development, distribution and evaluation activities to significantly extend the Foundation’s reach and impact. In anticipation of further accelerated growth and opportunity, the position of COO has been created and recruitment is now in progress for a mission-focused, seasoned, strategic, and process-minded leader with experience scaling an organization. The COO at FAH will also be expected to directly lead, coach and develop key staff to meet new and heightened demands. In recognition of their substantial achievement, retention and further professional development of existing staff is particularly important to the Founder/President and the Board and reflects the values of the organization.
The COO is a full-time position, reports to the Founder/President and is responsible for leading and managing the internal day-to-day operations while building the organization’s capacity to meet FAH’s mission and further extend its reach and impact. The position is based in New York City. Recently FAH has made the commitment to a workspace in Manhattan which is available for meetings and staff work time. In the past, staff has worked virtually with periodic face-to-face meetings. This operating structure is now open for review.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Working in partnership with the Founder/President, create a robust strategic three-year plan for 2020-2023, and introduce, implement and monitor new processes and approaches to support achievement.
- Serve as the manager of all day-to-day operations, reflecting the commitment of FAH to support and enable successful performance of individual staff members and teams to meet growing demands for FAH’s programs, products and participation in arenas related to the organization’s mission and work.
- Coordinate and oversee the annual operations plan and budget.
- Provide leadership, oversight and professional guidance to those managing key functional areas that encompass the following strategic activities:
- Underwriter and sponsor development
- Identify and manage revenue growth opportunities and priorities
- Develop key partnerships to strategically expand deployment of programs
- Marketing, Communication & Product Development
- Develop and communicate branded messages internally and externally
- Continuously align product offerings to strategically meet target market needs
- Ensure products remain economically viable
- Define, monitor and increase key impact measurements
- Warehouse program outcomes data to effectively contribute to ongoing research and findings
- Ensure that development of curriculum, tools, and training meet cost guidelines
- Help design long-term vision for retaining programmatic partners
- Finance and Administration
- Execute all aspects of the organizations administrative and financial activities
- Develop an accounting system that provides FAH with quick access to financial information and enables strategic budgeting
- Analyze the current technology infrastructure and scope out the next level of information technology and financial systems that support the growth of specific programs and the organization overall
- Human Resources
- Instill a human capital development and coaching culture within FAH, cultivating top-level performance of individuals and teams
- Upgrade human resources functions, including results-based performance evaluation linked to FAH’s strategic plan, professional training and development, review and updating of compensation and benefits packages, and recruiting and on-boarding procedures
- Fundraising – Under the direction of the Founder/President, with dotted-line responsibility to the COO in regards to:
- Development and implementation of systems for reporting, measurement and supporting revenue generation
- Administrative aspects including proposal preparation and grant writing
- Monitoring and evaluation, and reporting
- Install a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation system throughout the organization, to provide ready and reliable information on performance, and critical data for management, decision-making and future planning
- Implement and lead the staff performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals for the organization
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Present performance results, comments and recommendations to the FAH National Board of Directors at quarterly meetings, and serve on board committees.
- Orientation to the work and mission of FAH
- Understanding of the mission and work of FAH, and belief in the organization’s relevance and the timeliness of its efforts.
- Prior affiliation with non-profit work on either a professional or personal level or both, and in particular initiatives involved with social change and breaking new ground is highly desirable.
- Relevant professional experience
- Proven success in introducing and installing processes and procedures to enhance staff and operational performance, productivity and financial results to meet strategic plans, achieve mission objectives and support rapid, responsible and sound organizational growth/scaling.
- Significant and demonstrated management experience with an organization that is engaged in product and program development and delivery.
- Knowledge and expertise in the implementation and utilization of monitoring and evaluation procedures and tools, analyzing and presenting results to enable sound planning and decision-making, and producing clear and concise performance, financial and analytical reports accompanied by comments and recommendations.
- Knowledge, technical skills and personal competencies
- Thorough understanding and broad experience with the full range of business functions and systems, including organizational and strategic development and planning, budgeting, business analysis, finance, information systems, human resources, and marketing.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to work with a wide variety of actors from different backgrounds to achieve results, demonstrating respect for diversity and encouraging collaboration.
- Ability, skills and personality to lead, motivate, coach and develop staff for optimum performance, continued professional development and contribution to meet organizational mission and objectives.
- Flexibility to quickly adapt to traditional and non-traditional settings, and rapidly changing environments.
- Strong professional English language drafting skills, with a clear writing style. Ability to produce timely, easy to understand and well-constructed documents, reports, communications and presentations for a range of audiences.
- Fully literate in basic computer applications and packages, familiarity with Web design and Web delivered services and applications are an advantage.
Undergraduate degree from an accredited academic institution. An advanced degree is desirable with preference for an MBA or MPA.
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified Operations professional to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly respected organization. FAH is prepared to offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, escalation linked to performance, a stipend to be applied to health insurance and vacation benefits.
Please submit, in Microsoft Word: 1) Copy of your CV and 2) Cover letter indicating how you qualify for this position and why you wish to be considered to firstname.lastname@example.org with Chief Operating Officer in the subject line.
For questions and/or more information about this recruitment, you may contact Naomi Nobel at email@example.com.
For information on FAH and The UnLonely Project, please visit www.artandhealing.org/unlonely
The Foundation for Art & Healing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Foundation for Art & Healing embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, skills and challenges.
The more inclusive we are, the better we can meet our mission.