Join Our Team
Make a Big Impact
Our team is addressing one of today’s most urgent public health crises: loneliness. Our programs are designed to create awareness of the issue and demonstrate how the combination of creative expression, mindfulness, and social learning is a catalyst for connecting.
We look forward to hearing from you!
CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Director of Marketing
The Foundation for Art & Healing (FAH) is currently experiencing broad expansion and seeks to hire a full time Director of Marketing to work in tandem with the President, COO, and Technology Director.
The Director of Marketing will be part of the senior leadership team and will have a major impact on the evolution of FAH’s voice across all channels. He/she will work to proactively advance FAH’s mission and programs, establishing FAH as a thought leader in the realm of loneliness and the power of creative expression as a way to heal and connect.
The Director of Marketing will take a strategic and hands-on approach to marketing and communications and will seek to reach the foundation’s multiple partners, targets, and audiences.
We are looking for somebody who will be extraordinarily adept at promoting awareness of FAH’s mission and programs, and is an expert at utilizing all forms of communication, digital media, and content to deliver FAH’s messages.
This is an amazing opportunity for somebody to take ownership and leave a meaningful mark on a growing organization. An interest in creative arts, community health, and healing will greatly impact your success in this role.
The Director will have one direct report, a part-time Communications Manager.
This position is based in New York City.
- Build broad awareness of FAH’s mission and programs, utilizing all media channels to reach potential partners, sponsors, and any person who would benefit from FAH’s programs.
- Create and implement an integrated marketing/communications strategy, and develop annual marketing, communications, and public relations plans.
- Build a unified brand character/voice that carries across all FAH products and programs.
- Create a communications strategy that positions FAH as the thought leader in the realm of addressing Loneliness and how creative arts can be used to heal and connect.
- Create, implement, and oversee social media and website strategy, and create digital content to support FAH visibility and program understanding.
- Work with the senior leadership team to grow and scale the FAH brand and programs.
- Work effectively in a dynamic start up environment, requiring being highly organized, and ability to work and contribute independently as needed, and with a willingness to sometimes wear multiple hats.
- Market and promote all FAH events, monitoring and responding to sales metrics.
- Provide all collateral materials (print and digital) to support partnership and sponsorship building.
- Oversee the creation of thought leadership pieces written by the President or other leaders in the field, ensuring placement in relevant forums.
- Develop and manage the editorial calendar, engaging writers and proofreaders.
- Write blog posts and newsletter content.
- Arrange and promote FAH’s involvement in conferences, symposia, and other speaking opportunities around the US and world.
- Serve as a thought leader and ambassador for the organization
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 7-10 years experience in marketing communications, preferably in non-profit and/or public health arena
- Excellent writing and editing skills (a must!)
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively and wear multiple hats
- Willingness to handle nuts and bolts
- Able to work effectively in a dynamic start up environment
- Familiarity with and interest in non-profit causes
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office, G-Suite, and design software
Commensurate with experience
Please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably as one PDF document to email@example.com. Please put Marketing Director in the subject line and save your file with your full name.
In your cover letter, please provide two links to published digital content which feature your writing AND please address the following questions
- What was your most successful use of social media.
- Why you are interested in the UnLonely Project.
- Where did you find out about the position.
The Foundation for Art & Healing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.