A year-long multi-media experience to showcase your support as we address this pervasive public health issue.
What is the UnLonely Film Festival and Why Now?
Over one-third of American adults are lonely, according to a recent study by the AARP. That number has nearly doubled since the 1980s, making it one of today’s public health crises. It affects nearly 33% of the population and generates an increased mortality risk of 30%—the same as associated with smoking.
Ironically, while society is increasingly linked through social media, we are simultaneously losing a personal sense of connection, relevance, and belonging.
The Second Annual UnLonely Film Festival and Conference aim to address the issue by sharing diverse, inspiring stories of those who have found ways to move forward through the challenges of loneliness and isolation. It offers audiences an invitation to appreciate and benefit from the power of creative expression that can bring us together in challenging times.
Which Audiences are Important to You?
The Festival will attract filmmaker professionals, students, and amateurs. As you consider brand alignment, submissions will focus on these key themes:
Those dealing with substance abuse
Those with major illness and caregivers
Race and sexual orientation minorities
Immigrants and refugees
Put Your Brand in the Spotlight
The extended audience for the Festival will reach tens of thousands and provide important networking and “visibility” venues for your brand. It includes two live events in New York City on May 9, 2018, at the Alvin Ailey Theater in New York City, plus an ongoing digital destination for audiences to participate anytime, anywhere.
- Public Conference. Free and open to everyone (advanced registration required), this afternoon event will include film excerpts and other forms of creative expression, plus expert panel discussions on loneliness and isolation in various contexts.
- Festival Launch Celebration. A ticketed evening event, hosted by Mike Paseornek, President of Production, Lionsgate Motion Picture Group. Arts, medicine, and public policy luminaries will join guests for screenings of winning films, awards presentations, light refreshments, and conversation.
- Online Theater. A curated collection of films from the Festival in our Virtual Theater for everyone to view and engage with on our website and social media platforms.
Choose from sponsorship packages that include you in promotional collateral, email campaigns, social media outreach, press releases, merchandising, and more.
- Organization’s logo included in all printed materials, online theater, and conference community platforms
- Premium item in gift bag
- 5 guests at the Festival Awards Celebration
Everything in Bronze package, plus:
Logo will appear with others before film
Table at Conference for company materials
10 guests at the Festival Awards Celebration
Everything in Silver package, plus:
Logo placement on Sizzle Reel
Sponsor recognition for a chosen content category
Listing in collateral for speaking engagements and events
Company executive interviewed for placement in Psychology Today post
Selective conference participation for executive
15 guests at the Festival Awards Celebration
Customized package to support your brand mission and objectives
Acknowledgment throughout all the associated events and materials as primary sponsor
Contact Us Now to Learn More...
Previous Foundation event sponsors include: CareMore, AbelTo, MJHS, Castlight, Ferring, Evive, Beacon Health, Optum, AstraZeneca, Wells Fargo, Philips, NovoNordisk, UnitedHealthcare, Cigna, Montefiore Medical Center, Emblem Health, Sudler & Hennessey, Celgene, Walgreens, Sanofi, Johnson & Johnson, and more.